- Damilola Mike Bamiloye is 31 years old today, 16th of September, 2020. By that, we mean that Michael Oluwadamilola Ilerioluwa Mike Bamiloye was born on 16th of September 1989.
- He is the first child of Evangelist Mike and Gloria Bamiloye of the Mount Zion Drama Ministry.
- His favorite verse of the scripture is Psalm 144 vs 1 – “Praise be to the Lord my rock who trains my hands to war and fingers for battle.”
- As a secondary school student, Damilola Mike Bamiloye participated in many stage dramas and eventually became one of the best drama director his secondary school produced. He wrote his first movie “Youthful Lust” at the age of 15.
- Damilola Mike Bamiloye is a graduate of Mass Communication from Bowen University, Osun State, Nigeria.
- He played a key role in pushing the mount zion ministry to lime light by making the most use of the social media. His short skits like ‘Pepper love’, ‘the table set’, ‘the professional actor’ and many others made him more popular on YouTube. Check Damilola Mike Bamiloye’s YouTube Channel here.
- Damilola Mike Bamiloye is highly passionate about making movies that preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is committed to carrying out the plan of God and reaching the simplest community unit which is the family.
- His full involvement in the mount zion ministry started with serving as Mike Bamiloye’s personal assistant. That was the platform with which his life was sharpened to fulfill divine purpose.
- The first time he shot a movie was in Australia when the Mount Zion Ministry had to shoot a movie and there was no available camera man. Damilola Mike Bamiloye pushed himself to the wall, did some online researches and learnt how to handle the video camera DSLR 60D within the shortest possible time. He then went ahead to shoot his first movie. His camera skills have improved over time and today, he is the director of photography for most mount zion movies.
- Damilola Mike Bamiloye have written and produced many inspiring movies which includes The Ignition, Gbemi, The train, Abattoir among others.
- He met his wife Emmanuella Mike Bamiloye in his ‘father’s house’ as the Lord directed he would. In 2018, they got married. Their marriage is blessed with a beautiful baby girl, Zion Gloria Bamiloye in 2020.
TRIBUTE TO A GREAT SON – EVANG. MIKE BAMILOYE WRITES TO DAMILOLA MIKE BAMILOYE
- On his 28th birthday, His father Evang. Mike Bamiloye wrote him an epistle which he titled tribute to a great son.
All of us in the family are celebrating you today, Michael Oluwadamilola IleriOluwa Mike-Bamiloye.
A very dedicated and focus young man. You graduated from University and during your Youth Service had called me one evening from Imo State and had said the Lord told you that you should serve under me, your father, to be following me about as my PA. I could not know what to say. I was shocked. I was afraid to shut down the idea that came to your heart which you said the Lord spoke to you. That was in 2012.
I told you with a stammering voice that when you come back home from the Youth service, we would talk about it. But I kept praying to know if God had truly said it to you. Then. The Lord spoke to me that you had made the greatest decision.
After your Service year, you came back home and began to follow me about. You said I should teach you how to be a PA, but I never had one before, so I didn’t know how they do except that they carry Bibles and briefcase of their leader.
My first outreach was in Abuja and I introduced you to the host as my son and my PA, they were relating with you as such. Calling you here and there. Sending you to me. I was wondering if this is what the Lord had for you. I never knew The Lord was only checking your heart.
We went to several programs together as you carried my Bible and stuffs.
Then my wife and I went to Australia with you for film shooting and they had no cameraman. Then you carried their camera and locked yourself up in your room and began to consult YouTube and Google on how to handle Video camera DSLR 60D.
You would come out of your room, several times to the veranda and began to point the camera at various objects. We were getting worried that you would spoil their new camera. Then you were making phone calls to some of our previous hired cameramen to ask questions.
You came out of your room finally and said you would shoot the movie.
You handled the camera and shot your first movie in Australia °HARVEST OF CRISIS” and you shot “The Return”, “Caught In The Wind” and “Harmony Deal” all in Australia. You shot “Rupantar” in India. You shot “Off Duty” in London. You shot “Conspiracy”, “Breaking Point”, and “Last Man Standing” in Maryland and shot “Exemplary”, “Life of the Billows” and now on set of “Abejoye-Intruder” in Dallas Texas.
All these apart from numerous movies shot back home in Nigeria like “House On Fire” Parts 1-7, “Family Next Door” Parts 1 and 2, “Hunted”, ” Accountant”, “Manager” “Block 10” etc.
When you said you wanted to follow your father and be his PA you never said you would become my major Cameraman and Director of Photography. You obeyed the Lord and the Lord elevated you. He gave you what you never learnt in the school. You are no longer my PA but a celebrated Christian movie maker, and excellent Director of Photography who has done many great works for God at your young age.
Now, you have laid a very solid foundation for your siblings . Joshua has graduated and served three years ago, he never once mentioned searching for any jobs but followed your footstep into full-time ministry.
Oluwadara graduated this year and is already on film location now as Continuity Manager. They both saw what the Lord had made of you and they followed us their parents doing the work of God on full time service to the Lord.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMILOLA MIKE-BAMILOYE.
Many Happy Years in return.
May the Lord God bless your life and establish you and give you a good home.
Mike and Gloria Bamiloye.
And with love from Joshua and Oluwadarasimi.
Happy Birthday to Damilola Bamiloye.Evang. Mike Bamiloye’s tribute to Damilola Mike BAmiloye
- In an interview with Redigion.ng in 2017, Damilola Mike Bamiloye had revealed that He can’t continue to allow ungodly movies fill the air. Read the interview below:
REDigion: Many know you as the son of Nigeria’s renowned Christian filmmaker, Mike Bamiloye. Tell us more about yourself and what you have been up to recently.
DAMILOLA: My name is Damilola Mike-Bamiloye. I graduated from Bowen University, studied mass communication. I am a gospel film writer, producer , director and actor; And most importantly I am a child of God.
So we just concluded finalizing mount Zion’s latest movie THE STALKER and the DVD is ready to be released for sales. But on my birthday September 16, it will be dropped on YouTube.
REDigion: If you had not been born into a Christian drama family, would you ever have thought of being in the industry today?
DAMILOLA: Honestly I have no idea what it is like to be born out of the Mount Zion family, because this is where my foundation of ministry was laid
REDigion: You are the brain behind some recent Mount Zion movies. What keeps you going?
DAMILOLA: Number one God keeps me going. The Bible says the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few. This understanding makes me understand that there is a lot to do. We can’t just sit down and allow ungodly movies fill the air; we have to create godly alternatives.
REDigion: Your latest movie, ‘The Ignition’, was well received among young people. What’s the inspiration behind it?
DAMILOLA: The Holy Spirit, he teaches all things and reveals hidden secrets. So I will say my inspiration basically is from Him.
REDigion: What do you think are the challenges facing the Christian film industry in Nigeria?
DAMILOLA: Most gospel filmmakers are independent producers. There are no sponsors. That alone can be very challenging but we have been able to overcome that challenge over time and work within our means. Distribution of movies can also be challenging. It is one thing to make a movie and another thing for people to see the movie.
REDigion: Do you see Nigerian Christian movies showing in the cinemas anytime soon?
DAMILOLA: Well Some Nigerian Christian movies have been premiered in the cinemas, so yeah, I see more movies going to the cinemas soon.
REDigion: If you are not directing movies, what else would you be found doing?
DAMILOLA: If I am not acting or directing, then I am editing or writing or watching a movie.
REDigion: What’s your favorite Bible quote and why is it your favorite?
DAMILOLA: Psalm 144 vs 1 – Praise be to the Lord my rock who trains my hands to war and fingers for battle.
REDigion: What is your advice to upcoming Christian filmmakers?
DAMILOLA: My advice to young and coming drama ministers is to be soaked up with the word of God and prayers. It is the abundance of what is in you that reflects on your writing. Don’t get carried away by the activities it doesn’t sustain. It is the word of God that sustains.
EMMANUELLA MIKE BAMILOYE CELEBRATES HUBBY DAMILOLA MIKE BAMILOYE ON HIS 31ST BIRTHDAY
- Today, being his 31st birthday, his wife Emmanuella Mike Bamiloye took to her social media handles to celebrate him in grand style. Read her birthday wishes for him below.
If September 16 wasn’t on the calendar, the world would have been incomplete.
If you weren’t born, so many lives would have not been what they are today.
You are a blessing to this generation and a tremendous one to Gloria and I.
It always trips me that you are my husband. God knows I didn’t do nothing to deserve you. He gave me exceedingly abundantly above and beyond what I could have imagined.
I celebrate you today and always and I pray that God will take you to greater height. May He use you to do greater exploits. May you continually be a vessel in His hands and most importantly may you finish strong and make it to heaven in Jesus name amen.
Happy birthday my love @damilolamikebamiloye . Have a blessed year ahead. I love you.
All of us at Fruitful Touching Lives join the body of Christ to wish the great film maker, Damilola Mike Bamiloye a happy birthday!